Grab your most festive Christmas PJs and get set for a seasonal sleepover – it really is the most wonderful time of the year! Combine a family night away with a memorable Santa visit when you book a trip to one of these wonderful places to visit Santa and stay over in Ireland!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Get ready for hot chocolates, candy canes, Christmas carols and a few surprises along the way when you visit Santa and stay over!
2021 UPDATE: Many venues are still deciding if they will open this year. We will keep this article up to date as we hear, but please check a venue’s website or Facebook page for their latest updates.
You May Also Enjoy 50 Magical Places to Visit Santa in Ireland
Places to Visit Santa and Stay Over in Ireland
Santa’s Magical Trail at The Clanard Court, Kildare
Join Santa’s elves on a wonderful journey through Santa’s Magical Trail – a fun filled and action-packed experience for children young and old held at the Clanard Court Hotel, Kildare!
The Sleep Over and it’s Magical Trail will be a little different this year, but will absolutely deliver on guaranteed fun and oodles of Christmas Cheer, whilst encountering all sorts of characters including Lazybones, Holly Berry and her team of elves, Cringle Cook , Noelle Twinkle, Willy Wonka, Mrs. Claus and Santa of course!
Santa Sleep Over 2021 package includes:
- Santa’s Magical Trail passes for each adult and child booked on the sleep over (60 mins in duration);
- Family Dinner served by the Elves
- Elf Entertainment + Magic Show during and after Dinner
- Overnight Bed and Breakfast accommodation for at least one child and one adult to a maximum of a family of 6.
You May Also Enjoy Things to do with Kids Around Ireland Christmas
Elf Town Family Packages at The Connacht Hotel Galway
Enjoy a festive family break in Galway this November or December with a stay at the award-winning Connacht Hotel and a visit to Elf Town.
Magical Christmas at The Connacht for all the Family includes:
- Overnight stay in a choice of family room options
- Full Irish breakfast each day
- Use of the hotel leisure centre
- Free access to the friendly fellows kids club when you book direct
You May Also Enjoy Places To See Santa’s Reindeer Around Ireland (Watch Out For Rudolf!)
Magical Winter Wonderland at Shandon Hotel & Spa, Donegal
NOTE: 2021 details TBC
A magical family Christmas experience that you will treasure forever! Their Santa package includes overnight B&B in a seaview room, personalised visit from Santa who will knock on their door and know them by name, entry to the Magical Winter Walkthrough.
Amber Springs Hotel Christmas Experiences, Wexford
With a little Ho Ho Ho and more than a sprinkling of Christmas magic, the Amber Springs Santa Train Experience is back!
Travelling aboard The Amber Express, following the glimmering lights and sparkling trees to the Amber Christmas Village. Once at the village, you will disembark the Amber Express to explore the village in your own family pod.
Walking around the village you will be able to enjoy a little festive treat and see all the busy little elves working away before going to have your own personal visit with Santa!
Trains run from Friday 19th November to December 23rd 2021, with a number of festive special train trips per day.
The Santa Train Experience package includes:
- One or two nights’ accommodation in a choice of room to suit your needs
- Full Irish breakfast
- €50 dining credit to use in any of the three dining outlets
- Games room with Sony PlayStation
- Amber Park with petting farm, outdoor playground, Mini-Golf, Go-Karts, Archery and more (additional charges may apply)
- Club Amber Leisure facilities include swimming pool, kids pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, gymnasium
- Movies screened daily in the 80-seater Showtime Cinema
You May Also Enjoy Sensory Christmas Shows, Santas and Pantos this Holiday Season
Santa’s Enchanted Castle at The Riverside Hotel, Wexford
Arrive at the Riverside Park Hotel, where the hotel will be transformed into a festive wonderland! From the children being dazzled by the twinkling tree lights on arrival to a Christmas bag of treats awaiting each child on arrival in their room, you are guaranteed a festive and fun family break.
The hotel lobby comes alive at Christmas with a 20ft Christmas tree, hanging reindeers and Santa’s elves hiding around every corner. During your stay, take part in the Elf Treasure hunt down the Prom, post your letter to Santa and find some of our naughty elves around the hotel.
To see Santa, enter Enniscorthy Castle where the castle comes alive with enchanted characters. Every room you enter will be filled with exciting themed experiences, meet Mrs. Claus, Santa and all their elves with lots of treats along the way. Each Child will receive a gift from Santa and have a photo opportunity in Santa’s Grotto.
The Santa Sleepover experience includes:
- Overnight luxury accommodation with full Irish breakfast
- Tickets to Santa’s Enchanted Castle Experience
- Kids Playground beside the Hotel
- Treats on arrival for the kids
- Complimentary use of the leisure club with indoor heated swimming pool and a children’s pool for junior guests
- Elf Treasure Hunt down the Promenade
You May Also Enjoy Family Ice-Skating in Dublin and Around Ireland
Winter Wonderland at Hotel Westport and Westport House
NOTE: 2021 details TBC
A magical family experience brimming with Christmas cheer that will leave the kids starry-eyed and the whole family believing in fairy-tales! Selected dates between 21st November and 23rd December 2020.
Family accommodation packages include a visit to Winter Wonderland in Westport House (a short walk from the hotel) as well as bed and breakfast.
Christmas with Wild Ireland at the Inishowen Gateway Hotel, Donegal
Visit the famous Wild Ireland animal sanctuary with the rescue bears, wolves, lynx cats and other wild arctic animals such as reindeers and arctic foxes before making your way to visit Santa in his Grotto. Each child will receive a gift from the man himself and his many helpers.
Afterwards make your way back to the cosy interior of the Inishowen Gateway Hotel (20 mins from the sanctuary) with hot chocolate and cookies served on arrival, take in a swim at the Leisure Centre with kids pool, and enjoy a full Irish breakfast the following morning before departing (and maybe another splash in the pool!).
You May Also Enjoy The Best Santa Tracker Websites for Extra Christmas Eve Fun!
Winter Wonderland at Center Parcs, Longford
Centre Parcs’ Winter Wonderland runs from November 8th until Christmas Eve. Expect to see the village transformed with lights, decorations and snow, and find plenty of seasonal activities to keep everyone busy and really get you in the festive spirit.
Journey through Santa’s Woodland Village, taking in the lights and displays before you reach his Woodland Workshop. Enjoy a sneak peek of where the elves make last-minute toys and gifts and explore their games as you soak up the atmosphere with a sprinkle of elf magic. Have a special souvenir photograph taken with Santa as a memento of your meeting. Remember to be good and you’ll leave with an early Christmas present!
A Winter Wonderland break includes:
- Soak up the festive atmosphere at Santa’s Woodland Village
- Visit Santa and his elves at his Woodland Workshop before Christmas Day. Pre-book your visit where all children will receive a gift from Santa and a special souvenir photograph
- A range of seasonal activities for the whole family to enjoy, from Design a Christmas Stocking to Festive Wreath Making
Visit Santa on Christmas Island at Hidden Valley Holiday Park, Wicklow
Santa will be on Christmas Island at Hidden Valley Holiday Park for festive fun and an unforgettable and unique Christmas experience on selected dates from November 20th to December 23rd 2021.
You can also book an overnight stay in one of the glamping lodges for 2 adults and up to 4 children.
You May Also Enjoy Here Comes Santa Claus…Get Ready with These Tips and Tricks!
Santa by the Sea Experience at Shoreline Hotel, Dublin
The Santa by the Sea Experience at Donabate’s Shoreline Hotel in North County Dublin is available on selected dates through December 2021. The package includes:
- Stay the night before your Santa visit for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 in a family room with two double beds with breakfast at leisure
- A visit and a gift with Santa the following day in Santa’s Grotto
- A delicious 3 course lunch for the family after your visit with Santa in the festive Brasserie overlooking the sea
Santa’s Grotto at Castle Oaks House Hotel, Limerick
Santa and Mrs. Clause will be coming to stay at the Castle Oaks House Hotel and meet all the boys and girls before for his big day!
The elves have booked his room for selected dates from November 28th to December 19th 2021.
The Santa’s Grotto experience includes:
- Full Irish Breakfast
- Main Course Evening Meal per person
- Visit to Santa and cookie decorating with Mrs Claus
- Hot chocolate and a gift for the kids
- Keepsake family photo
- Complimentary Leisure Centre with Swimming Pool
You May Also Enjoy 18 Special Christmas Eve Essentials Perfect for Waiting for Santa