Looking for halloween recipes for kids? These fun spooky witches fingers are gruesome and super tasty – and easy to make!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
We made some fun spooky and cheesy Halloween witches fingers – which turned out to be so tasty! – and all you need are three simple ingredients. The kids will enjoy rolling out the pastry, sprinkling the cheese, and ‘shaping’ the witches fingers.
Hint: make extra because these disappear quickly!
You May Also Enjoy 16 Spooky Halloween Party Food Ideas for a Scary Feast
Make Your Own Witches Fingers
- 1 packet ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- Almonds or pumpkin seeds for the nails
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut your defrosted block of pastry into 4 equal squares.
- Roll out one portion of pastry thinly, and sprinkle some grated cheese all over it.
- Fold the pastry into the centre in thirds lengthways, then fold in from the top and bottom in thirds again.
- Now cut into strips roughly finger width and length in size. You can use a fork to create ‘knuckle lines’ if you like!
- Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Brush the witches fingers with egg wash and place an almond or a pumpkin seed (for the witchy nail!) into the top and bake for approx 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire tray. Enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy 15 Tempting Halloween Party Food Ideas for Little Monsters