Pumpkin is great for a wide range of sweet and savoury recipes. These pumpkin scones are so delicious warm from the oven, and yet simple enough for the kids to bake along with you.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Adding pumpkin to your scones helps to make them a bit healthier, but on the other hand if you want an extra treat, serve them with some fresh whipped cream…!
You May Also Enjoy 12 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for the Family this Halloween
Pumpkin Scones Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1/2 lb)cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter cubes and rub between your fingers until it starts to resemble bread crumbs.
- In another bowl, gently mix the milk and pumpkin puree. Slowly add to the dry mix and bring together to form a dough.
- Lightly flour and knead dough, then flatten and cut into triangles (or you could use a cutter for round scones).
- Sprinkle with a little sugar, then bake for 20 mins or until skewers clean.
- Remove to a wire rack and leave to cool.
You May Also Enjoy 10 MORE Incredibly Easy Pumpkin Recipes to Make at Home